This study is collecting and examining tissue, blood, and urine samples from patients with non-small cell lung cancer, esophageal cancer, malignant pleural mesothelioma, mediastinal or chest wall neoplasms, or lung metastases from cancers of non-thoracic origin.
Collecting and storing samples of tissue, blood, and urine from patients with cancer to study in the laboratory may help the study of cancer. It may also help doctors identify patients who are eligible for clinical trials.
- Start Date: November 2005
- Primary Completion Date: Unknown
- Completion Date: Unknown
- Last Updated Date: June 16, 2010
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed or radiographic evidence of primary non-small cell lung cancer, esophageal cancer, malignant pleural mesothelioma, mediastinal or chest wall neoplasms, or pulmonary metastases from cancers of non-thoracic origin
- Intracranial metastases potentially treatable with surgery and/or radiotherapy allowed
- ECOG performance status 0-2
- ANC ≥ 1,000/mm³
- Platelet count ≥ 75,000/mm³
- PT ≤ 16 OR INR ≤ 2
- Creatinine < 2.5 g/dL
- Bilirubin ≤ 2 times upper limit of normal
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00447447.
For more information on how to participate in this clinical trial, please contact the following location:
Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Find More Information on
- Biomarkers to Detect Mesothelioma Early in Patients Exposed to Asbestos or Vermiculite
- Detecting Abnormal Cells in Patients Surgery for Lung Cancer
- Pemetrexed Disodium and Cisplatin With or Without Cediranib Maleate in Treating Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Pemetrexed Observation in Treating Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Pilot Study of Bisphosphonate Therapy (Zoledronic Acid) in Patients With Malignant Mesothelioma (UAB 0901)